Monday 18 June 2012

A Feast Fit For A (Clash of) Kings

You know the dilemma. Your liege lord has sent a raven explaining that he'll be paying you a visit three days hence; suddenly you need to prepare a feast for him, his family, fifty household knights and three hundred men-at-arms. You had your chef beheaded yesterday, and takeaway pizza hasn't been invented yet.

We've all been there. Fortunately, there's now an answer.


That's right, now you too can cook the finest in pseudo-fantasy medieval cuisine. Featuring a whole host of recipes - including the wonderfully decadent sounding 'quails drowned in butter',  which if memory serves Janos Slynt chowed down on before having a disagreement with Tyrion -adapted for the more modern kitchen. Not impressed by that awful word modern? Fret not, apparently they also include the originals too.

It's a bit on the pricey side (well, it's actually about standard for a hardback cookbook), but this has gone firmly on my Amazon wishlist. If I ever get off my rectum and buy it I'll be sure to give a proper review, along with photographs of the ensuing carnage and a charming story about how "a friend" burned down the mead hall...


Update! Turns out that long before they made the cookbook, the folks who wrote it were already writing a blog about all this wonderful food. I'd go have a looksee if I were you...


2 comments:

  1. EEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. So cool.

    Let's do a GoT feast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Works for me. Hells, I'll even wash my old tunic!

      Delete